Lowestoft’s renowned free cultural, community focused event, ‘First Light Festival’ returns to South Beach, Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th June 2023.
After a triumphant weekend in 2022, Lowestoft’s free summer solstice celebration will return for 2023 – and East Suffolk One will be at the event again this summer. Inspired by Lowestoft’s location as the most Easterly part of the country and therefore the first to receive sunlight, the festival programme has been curated to celebrate the cycles of the sun with events taking place throughout the weekend from sunrise to sundown.
Championing Lowestoft as a growing creative hub by showcasing and supporting new talent within the local community, alongside a full programme of events and activations to engage and excite – First Light Festival is the UK’s only free beach festival.
2023 CONFIRMED LINE-UP & FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS
– MUSIC – Big names include:
– DJ Paulette – 2022’s Winner of the DJ Mag Top 100 Lifetime Achievement Award
– DJ Luke Una – Cult club culture pioneer and one half of iconic duo, The Unabombers
– Jembaa Groove – 2023 SXSW-approved, Berlin-based 7-piece band
– Eliza Carthy – Folk legend (presented by FolkEast).
First Light also features a strong showcase of local and emerging talent, and a diverse line up of East Anglia’s foremost DJs.
For more about this year’s festival and line up, just check out the webpage here.
Written by: admin